The maps for Garmin you can download below are usually updated several times a week. Here you have information on how to use the maps in your GPS or in the computer. If you need any map that is not here, look at +Mapas section to see how you can contribute to get it included.
The above map shows individual countries or states which maps can be downloaded. Click on the links below to go each continent downloads.
Warning: Contour lines for many countries have been updated and improved recently, so it is recommended to check update dates and download the new contours if needed. Among the improvements are:
- Substitution of data from the SRTM by data from Jonathan de Ferranti (www.viewfinderpanoramas.org), which don't have the errors and artifacts of the SRTM, especially in mountainous areas
- Reduction of the number of tiles for each country, which eases the management of the map in the devices
- Reduction of file sizes, for a faster rendering
|Zone||Type of map||Date of update||File to install on gps/navigator device||File to install on Qlandkarte GT, MapSource/BaseCamp||Files to install on Mac OS X||Errors
Extra Download only for Registered Users.
|Australia||OSM Base Map||05/03/15||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|Contour lines (**)||04/05/13||Download|
|Indonesia and West Timor||OSM Base Map||05/03/15||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|Contour Lines (**)||Download|
|New Zealand||OSM Base Map||05/03/15||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|New: High resolution contour lines (+info)||01/02/15||Download|
(*) 'Errors' column files contain a set of files with different kinds of errors in OpenStreetMap data detected during the map generation, along with links to download the data and fix them easily. More information can be found in the file README_errors included in the download.
(**) Contour lines have been generated from data of the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) of the NASA. Courtesy NASA/JPL-Caltech. For all areas where data from Jonathan de Ferranti (www.viewfinderpanoramas.org) were available, they have been used with preference on those from SRTM, as they notably improve the information from the SRTM.
The following maps include data from www.viewfinderpanoramas.org:
- Africa: Algeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Western Sahara
- America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, California, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Texas, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Asia: Bhutan, Brunei, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand Vietnam
- Europa: British-Isles, Finland, France, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, Turkey
- Oceania: Australia
(***) Due to the SD cards limit, it is not possible to have the whole Europe or Asia maps in a single file. So it is necessary to install the map in the computer and then transfer to the GPS card those parts of the continent you are interested in (aproximately half of Europe will fit in a single file).
OpenStreetmap is made by thousands of volunteers. The more we are, the best the map will be, and all of us will benefit of it. There are two ways you can collaborate:
- If you have a GPS you can log all your tracks and upload your data to OpenStreetMap. Here you have information to get started. You can also collaborate fixing the errors you detect in the maps, adding missing information to the existing data, etc.
- Hosting OpenStreetMap data requieres powerfull servers, informatic staff, etc. All of it implies expenses, so monetary donations, even small ones, are also important. From here you can make your donations.